Learn to Surf and Yoga Retreat with Brisas del Mar with Surf the GreatsJiquilillo Nicaragua with an ISA Surf Instructor Contact Us
May 8th - 16th - Brisas del Mar Learn to Surf and Yoga Retreat
7 days learning to surf adventure with an ISA Certified Instructor, daily yoga, volcano boarding, kayaking and much more!!
Suited for those who are new to surfing or beginners with some experience looking to sharpen their skills
Surf The Greats and Brisas del Mar Learn to Surf and Yoga Retreat is now in the books and so much fun was had. We are super stoked that the first year was an amazing success. The leadership of instructors Matty and Antonio provided a warm, friendly and inclusive atmosphere. Our new surfers were absolutely amazing people who came to learn to surf, but got to experience the people and landscape of Nicaragua. Click this link for options and pricing at Surf The Greats.
Gracias – Cari, Gerry, Megan and Andy
Obrigado – Antonio, Surf the Greats
2018 Learn to Surf Package
- 7 nights Air conditioned Beach Front accommodations
- All meals included and served “family style”
- 5 days of surfing instruction
- In class instruction
- 2 daily surf lessons with an ISA Certified instructor
- Daily Yoga
- Sunrise Kayak on the Padre Ramos Estuary
- Volcano Boarding at Cerro Negro
- Team supper at the amazing Al Cielo in nearby Aposentillo
- Saturday Night Salsa dancing in the Village
Matt Weiler ISA Certified Surf Instructor
Before I landed in Jiquilillo in 2017 I first learned to surf in Australia in 2008. I surfed around the northern beaches in Sydney, some of the Gold Coast and a bit in New Zealand. After that I was lucky enough to get an assistant instructor position at a surf camp in north Spain. For two consecutive summers I helped introduce surfing to so many people and maintain contact with a lot of them to this day.In between summers I surfed France and Morocco. Since then I have discovered surfing the lakes in Canada and enjoyed Nova Scotia’s fun waves as well. Lastly, in November of 2015 I completed a five day lifeguard course and became certified as an International Surfing Association level 1 Surf Coach. It’s an accomplishment I am super proud of and love sharing my passion with other people.See you out there.
Volcano Boarding on Cerro Negro
Do you want to check off a “bucket list” adventure? Well look no further than boarding down Nicaragua’s youngest active volcano, Cerro Negro. Making the ascent to the 708 metre summit is part of the adventure. Once at the top you can walk to the edge of the steaming caldera of the volcano. From this vantage point you can see other volcanoes from the nearby Telica to the giant to the north San Cristobal. When you are ready to go you will blast down the side of Cerro Negro and experience an adventure that will not soon be forgotten.
Yoga in Paradise
A daily Yoga session is an amazing way to compliment your surfing adventure. Jiquilillo Beach provides the perfect “zen” atmosphere to disconnect and be one with your practice. Yoga and surfing are disciplines that are connected through movement, nature and soul. All classes with our certified instructor will be conducted only steps away from the ocean.
The Fine Print!
- Price based on double occupancy. Add $200 for single room
- Airport Shuttle departs Managua after last guest arrival on April 10 and departs prior to first guest scheduled flight
- Beverages are not included
- Flights are not included in the price. We would be happy to help coordinate bookings with an agent
- $300 Deposit to secure your spot, e-transfers are accepted
- All major credit cards are accepted – Note: 6% Surcharge
- Ensure that your passport is valid 6 months after to the completion of your travel
- Travel and medical insurance is the responsibility of the retreat participant